Friday, November 5, 2010

who ya gonna call?

Grant has bucketfuls of toys yet he just wants anything long and skinny-mop, broom, tree branch, wrapping paper. I don't think those chores are that fun but again I don't think throwing my food on the floor is fun either so whatever. Fun musical ball or dirty old mop? Hum tough call. A couple months ago we started plotting what Grant would be for Halloween, keeping in mind it must have a long, skinny attachment or Halloween would be a bust. Endless possibilities....a janitor, a chimney sweeper, blind man. We finally decided on a ghostbuster with a long vacuum hose to make sure no ghosts stood a chance.

We were out of town during our ward Halloween party so at the very last second we joined the Reunion ward party. 'Last second' as in we had to MAKE Grant's costume (and buy some parts) all in about 45 mins. It's kind of like a Monet-looks better from a distance or with the lights out. I loved watching David put it all together and even go the extra mile and get a little speaker for the theme song to play as Grant walked around. Too bad he refused to wear his backpack. He ended up looking more like a beige missionary!

Aw...Grant as a Ghostbuster and apparently I wanted to be a deer in headlights!
Still sporting my costume:) I know shame on us for not dressing up. I guess we could be the "investigators" Grant is teaching the discussions to!

1 comment:

Kat and Steve said...

Oh, Jodee...you are hilarious. Love this blog. Three cheers to you guys, because that's a pretty sweet costume. Especially for being done in such a short amount of time. I would have loved to have seen him walking around with the ghostbusters song playing in his backpack. So cute.