Monday, August 13, 2007

Health shmealth


I went to a pool party last week and decided to bring some "healthy" cookies. I figured that since we're swimming people might want to feel good in their bathing suits right? I thought that if I told them how healthy they were (low sugar, wheat flour, egg whites...don't worry there was a snickers bar blended in too) that people would be somewhat excited to eat a healthy snack(I know I know, only a health major would get excited about wheat cookies) to my surprise only ONE person tried one...TRIED one...not to mention she was the hostess. I don't understand this place. Ice cream isn't fatty enough for you let's add an egg and some cream and call it custard...hot dogs too wimpy of a food? why not make it a brat? plain oreos, snickers, cheese? NO NO these MUST be deep fried!!! AAHHH!!! Actually I really do love Wisconsin but it will be a bit of a challenge to teach freshman good lifestyles when they are bombarded with this stuff! Ok enough venting.

4 comments:

Kat and Steve said...

Jodee! Those look awesome! I would have tried more than just one, I might have asked for the whole plate. Oh, well. More for you guys, I guess.

David and Jodee said...

actually I left before it was over and I left the plate there...it was awkward taking home a plate full of cookies. I should have just snagged them though-David and I loved them. oh the cookies in this picture are actually different ones than I was talking about but these are also made with a sugar substitute, whole wheat flour etc.

Emily said...

Well just for the record those look delicious! And I'm glad you found our blog! Now we'll actually have a way to keep in touch! Aside from the gross deep frying, how are you liking Wisconsin?

Lindsey said...

I would have had one, they look really good. Maybe you shouldn't have told them they were semi-healthy. They would have probably never known the difference.