Monday, July 6, 2009

comin' out our ears!


On Thursday we made the 3rd annual trip to pick strawberries. It was a little tricky with Grant but we still managed to pick more than our fair share. With fresh berries you have to use them in like a day or they get made that you picked them and get all nasty. We put Grant down for bed and got busy cookin' up a storm. We made strawberry jam, strawberry bread, strawberry pie, more jam, strawberry cheesecake, strawberry salad....I feel like Bubba on Forest Gump talking about all the different kinds of shrimp but really we had loads of strawberries! I'm already looking forward to next year!

3 comments:

Angie Lewis said...

Wow - that's so crazy you guys have been there 3 years! Time flies when you're having fun. I wish I was close enough to come take advantage of some of your delicious strawberry-goodness! :)

Kat and Steve said...

I'm jealous...I'd LOVE to have that many fresh strawberries. They're not the same from the store. Your jam looks delicious.

Kent and Leisy said...

yummo. hooray for strawberry picking!