Saturday, July 5, 2008

Potpourri

It has been quite the weekend. On Thursday we whipped out another Six Flegs (yes that is supposed to be written that way) trip with our friends Jon and Angie. It was a really fun day and their little boy did AMAZING! I'm so glad that we were all able to go. Here are some highlights from the trip- you do the math.

small head + crazy pinball machine head ride= grumpy hurty Jodee
contacts + pool water = slightly confused and disoriented Jodee
contacts + pool water (take two)= moron Jodee
water slide + getting stuck at the top = insecure about weight/brain/comprehension Jodee
small breakfast + somewhat small lunch= beware of Jodee

When's the next trip? We really do LOVE it!

Friday we had the annual Kohl's BBQ which was nice to soak up some sun in the 70 degree weather! After that we went with the Johnsons to Cedarburg for some "wholesome" fireworks. We kept trying to find a spot where there weren't any smokers. Oh yeah we aren't in P-town anymore. Did I mention we saw a man with a Camelpak filled with red liquid? Pretty sure it wasn't kool-aid! I'm sure getting wasted on the 4th is what our founding fathers would want us to do right?


The fireworks...and pizza...and ice-cream...and popcorn (sigh) were really good. Usually the grand finale is like a bunch of little fireworks going off at once as if it were an accident but these were HUGE. I loved it! However I was a little bummed that they didn't play patriotic songs during the fireworks. I always get sappy though so maybe it was a good thing...on second thought it is the 4th of July where's the music???


Today we went out with some friends who have a sailboat and just sailed around and sat on the beach. It was a beautiful day and I was reminded that I actually do like Wisconsin....talk to me in November!


I'll be honest I'm glad tomorrow is a day of rest--well unless you have a primary class:)

4 comments:

Clay and Katy said...

our fireworks show didnt have patriotic music either and it really bothered us...what is this country coming to???

Ann-Marie said...

I've never been sailing, was it scary? Sounds like you have a whole bunch to do there...at least in the summer time! :)

Ann-Marie said...

oh yeah, why flegs? Is that just what y'all call it there?

Kat and Steve said...

I'm sure that 'getting wasted on the fourth' is somewhere in the fine print of the Declaration of Independence.

Sailing? I'm jealous!