Tuesday, October 5, 2010

eyes of a child

I usually do my running in the morning before David goes to work, this way I can just relax and not have to worry about giving Grant his fistful of grapes or picking up a sock he dropped. The last two days David has been out of town so I lugged Grant around on my evening runs. I'm usually a thinker when I run. I love to makes lists in my head, work on lessons/homework (when that was applicable) think about goals, ways to save money, ways to spend money....etc. Last night Grant was so enthralled with being out on a run that I couldn't help but notice, really really notice, all the little things he was oooing and ahhing over. I loved it. I loved watching the excitement as a dog ran by or the way he would scoot up to the edge of the stroller to see the man mowing the lawn. These are simple things that I NEVER pay attention to but watching Grant be so curious and excited about everything made me so happy. I love the simpleness that he teaches me, I wish I had the enthusiasm about everything like he did. Well maybe not, that could get weird if I got too excited about everything-kind of like Buddy the Elf I guess. Some highlights of the run(s).

-dogs
-kids playing soccer
-basketballs on the ground
-flowers
-birds flying
-kids smoking pot (yeah didn't want Grant to stare too hard at that one)
-clouds
-sprinklers
-kids on bikes
-lawn mowers
-trash cans (exciting yes?)
-balloons
-cars

I'm not quite sure what we're going to do once winter hits-this kid (and myself) love being outside. Puffy coats here we come.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

I love this. It's so true! Olivia still notices the tiniest things, it really changes the way I look at things.