Tuesday, August 3, 2010

little lovelies-blue sky

Anyone who knows me well knows that I talk with my dad on a regular (ok daily) basis. When I moved away from CO he would always tell me about the weather in Craig. It was usually something along the lines of  "another pretty blue sky". I never really thought much about it until I moved back to Colorado. David and I were so excited to get back to the mountains but I find myself commenting (usually 7-8 times a week) about the beautiful sky. I love that I can see so many puffy white clouds and that the sun is ALWAYS shining. *300+ days a year*. The first thing I do in the morning (after realizing it's waaayy too early for Grant to be up) is open all the blinds (make sure my car wasn't busted in to) and enjoy the beautiful blue sky and sunshine. I love how clear and clean it feels, instantly puts me in a good mood. I was reading about the CO state flag and the blue stripes on it represent the clear blue sky, how fitting huh? FYI the white stripe is for the snow and the gold circle is for the sun. Not the prettiest flag but I think it's a good representation of the state. 






I've been paying more and more attention to the sky lately (ever since I turned 26 I'm just so much wiser and in tune!) and although I favor the blue sky I do love a good sunrise/sunset. I've seen some gorgeous ones setting over the mountains. I think my favorite place to stare at the sky is out at my parents home. I swear you can see every star out there and the view of the Steamboat ski runs and mountains goes on forever. 

No comments: