Thursday, October 1, 2009

OCTOBURRR!!!!

Boy howdy it was chilly on our run this morning. Grant finally fell asleep but now that I think about it he might have just been too frozen to move around in the stroller. Speaking of frozen, yesterday I literally ran over a dead mouse...poor little guy. Wait what am I saying? Poor lil' guy? Poor me and my shoe! That's gross...moving on.

Ok can I just say how much I love fall-even if it only lasts 3 days! I have always been a summer girl but there is something about all the pretty colors/smells/parties etc. I love mildly-chilly days where the sky is still blue and all you need is a little jacket. However now that Grant is in the picture I'm turning into a freaked out mama who is constantly worried about how hot/cold he is. He loves being outside and we try to get out everyday. I hate to burst his bubble but I'm afraid our time outside is coming to an end. I'm going to need to dust of my creative thinking cap and come up with some fun indoor things to do.

Anyway....I've decided that I want to make something pumpkin-y every week for Oct-Nov. I tried to do this last year but it seemed like something came up and some weeks didn't work out. I think I'm just going to make this a Sunday tradition but since today is the first day of Oct why wait until Sunday? I've got a few recipes that I'm excited to try but any suggestions would be great, so feel free to leave a recipe!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

mmm. my sister makes this yummy pumpkin curry soup that is delish! it's all pureed (which i'm not a huge fan of), but i've been dying to add some potatoes, carrots and chick peas to it... (from another curry recipe i have). if you like curry, you'll love this soup. let me know if you want the recipe and i'll ask her for it!