Tuesday, February 3, 2009

worst mother of the year award coming my way!

I think I might have already mentioned this in an earlier post but I CAN NOT bake a decent let alone amazing chocolate chip cookie to save my life! I can't seem to find the right butter, greased/ungreased sheet, too many chips/not enough chips, too crispy, too flat etc. etc. I've never been a huge cookie fan, especially chocolate chip but as I approach motherhood I realize that I'm going to be depriving my children of the all-american cookie and that really hurts me. They will not have anything to look forward to after school and will sneek out in the middle of the night to run to the neighbors house for fresh baked cookies. sigh. I have a batch in the oven right now so we'll see how this works...it's a cake box recipe which will probably result in a good cookie but I want that original sugar/flour/egg combo that I grew up with. Wish me luck! 7 minutes and counting!

6 comments:

Ence Family said...

Hey I have the same problem with Chocolate Chip Cookies! I just can't seen to get it right either. When you find a really good recipe let me know!

Unknown said...

I too have struggled with this dilemma. I've resolved that I will never be the one that makes amazing CCCs.

I do have a good recipe though that I got from my SIL. It's one of the few that I can make that are actually really good. I'll send you the recipe.

Oh, and Whitney makes a really good peanut butter chocolate chip cookie. I'll send you that too.

Nicki said...

You're so funny! We all struggle...your kids may be 'deprived' of chocolate chip cookies, but you are an amazing cake decorator...they'll have a blast with that. It was so fun to chat last night, take care!

Jen said...

I thought I was the only one!
Seriously! I can't make chocolate chip cookies either. They are either too dry or too flat. I make awesome ginger snaps though - that's my cookie. Perfect every time. AND my kids can help roll them into balls and into the sugar - they love that. You're so cute and I love keeping tabs on your via blog!

myrna ence said...

Don't feel bad about no cookies. Grandma Freda couldn't make them and I can't find a good recipe either,but we can make sugar cookies with frosting. Right??

Laurie said...

I have the recipe for you!!! It is one that requires a little fine tuning to match your oven, but it's a recipe that keeps getting passed on because they are seriously the best. I thought mine were all right until I had these and had to have the recipe! I'm going to email you now!