Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Too much to blog!

Well I have much too much to say so I better get writing! First of all Thanksgiving was a blast for us. Our friends the Johnsons had us and the Greens over for a fab dinner. I had a great time making food for Thanksgiving and an even greater time eating it. This was our first Thanksgiving without family and we felt so blessed to have such good friends to share the holiday with.



On Tuesday (21st) my grandmother passed away, she was a wonderful woman and will be missed. We flew out to Colorado (which was -6 degrees) on Friday (after hitting Kohl's big sale!) and the service was on Saturday and then we flew back on Sunday. We pretty much spent the whole weekend in the air but it was worth every minute of it. Oh when we were flying from Denver to Alamosa (there were only 4 people on the plane)the alarm on the plane went off due to weather conditions....not a comforting feeling I might add. We loved spending time with my family and being able to reflect and celebrate the life of my grandmother, I feel so blessed to have such an amazing family. Anyway we are adjusting to being back at work/school and are counting down the days until Christmas break!


This is a picture of a bat that was dead on one of the couches in the church the funeral service was at.....hum.....creepy???

5 comments:

Anna said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandmother!!!!

Kat and Steve said...

Sorry about your grandma; it's so hard to lose grandparents. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving, though. We missed you at the baby shower! Also, that bat is that grossest thing I've seen all week.

Natalie said...

jodee....you look Beautiful! i really mean it

Ann-Marie said...

Jodee-the bat should be a post in and of itself!!!! I love the pictures. Your hair has grown a ton. So pretty! :)

Kent and Leisy said...

NO WAY about the bat. that is INSANE jodee. and at a funeral? they couldn't clean up first? I really want that biscuit recipe...are they cheese scones? really, post the recipe!