Saturday, September 22, 2007

pick a winner

It was another beautiful fall day today so we decided to hit up the fresh fruit farm in Mequon, we had picked strawberries there earlier this summer and had success so this time we picked apples and pumpkins. I have to admit I was a little worried that the apple trees were going to slap my hand like they do in The Wizard of Oz but they ended up being very nice...and full of apples! We could not get over how cheap it was! I love making apple pie, now I just need a good pumpkin pie recipe (hint hint) maybe some pumpkin pancakes or pumpkin bread. Ah the possibilities! For those of you in the wonderful state of Wisconsin I suggest you go pick a "beg" full of scrumptious apples!



5 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

That sounds so fun! I can't believe you've made it to fall. I'm still living in a swimming pool.

Kat and Steve said...

Jodee, you look awfully cute for slaving in the pumpkin patches!

Anna said...

its not so much a beg sound its more of an "a" sound like in the word age, bag, tag, flag its all the same kind of sound. lovely huh.
Anna

Natalie said...

oh that looks so fun! the perfect little fall activity. it always makes for cute pictures too. i love the angle you got on those apples...great to see you guys having fun. and jodee lookin cute as always

Lindsey said...

You look so cute with your pumpkin. Fall is definitely here!