Sunday, September 9, 2007

ah the weekend

My apologies for no picture this post but nothing is very fitting! I finished my first week of school and I think it's going to be a long semester! Just kidding. I actually had a pretty good time this week. I did some teaching on Thursday and I had a blast in front of the students. I didn't realize that I was an actress...that's pretty much what teaching is...pretending that you know what you're doing! I had no idea how hard teaching is, I always thought oh you just go to school at 8 and come home around 3 and maybe hang up some bright colored paper around the room and assign a couple vocab words how hard can be??? Well it's only been 4 days I've already learned that I have to create lessons around students who are color blind, can't read, can't write, do not speak english, who do not work well in groups, hearing impaired, ADD/ADHD, feel lonely, diabetic...aye yai yai. It's going to be a lot of work but it'll be worth it in the end. I'm already starting to feel for these students whether they realize it or not.

Oh I am having a hard time at school with one thing....the fridge in the teachers lounge is busted! It stinks so bad and they aren't going to replace it-they are waiting for someone to donate one so pretty much they aren't going to have a fridge for the rest of the semester I'm assuming! How am I suppose to pack my yogurt, carrots, left over meats etc??? Here is where my creative side needs to kick in!

On to another topic- movies- has anyone seen the Prestige? David and I watched it on Friday and loved it, in fact I think we're going to watch it again today. I was a little skeptical of it but man it's good. We highly recommend it, two thumbs way up.

1 comment:

Ann-Marie said...

I'm so glad you posted about your week. I've been checking and rechecking to hear about it. Teaching is VERY overwhelming at times, but you'll be great! That's a bummer about the fridge...maybe you'll have to get a lunch pail with a little ice box in it. :)